De Wieger Deurne
Museum De Wieger is located in the former residence / medical practice and painter’s studio of the legendary painting general practitioner Hendrik Wiegersma.
Besides a large collection of works by Wiegersma himself, the museum also has a collection of modern visual arts from 1900 to 1940, with works by painters such as Isaac Israëls, Jan Sluijters and Charley Toorop. There is also a collection of folk art, consisting of small sculptures collected by Hendrik Wiegersma.
The residence and the garden gradually became an important cultural stopping place, where artists from all over the world loved to stay. Far away from the international art centers, “huize De Wieger” became a small center of culture with an undeniable character. And it still is. An intimate meeting place to experience and practice art that is well-worth a visit.
- Every monday closed
- Every tuesday from 12:00 to 17:00
- Every wednesday from 12:00 to 17:00
- Every thursday from 12:00 to 17:00
- Every friday from 12:00 to 17:00
- Every saturday from 12:00 to 17:00
- Every sunday from 12:00 to 17:00
- Note: opening times may be different during public holidays
- CJP (Cultureel Jongeren Paspoort)€5.00
- MJK (Museumjaarkaart)Free
- Price explanation:
- Groups from: €7.00