Jachthuis

Old 'Herenhuis' or 'Jachthuis' on the Havenweg nr.10 in Lieshout

The 'Herenhuis' or 'Hunting Lodge' was built between 1719 and 1725 by Mr Jan Bout.
His father, Adriaan Bout, bought the manor of Lieshout from the Postel Abbey in 1714.
He sold the manor to his son Jan in 1719.
Jan Bout therefore became, like his father, Lord of Lieshout.
He was a lawyer at the Court and the High Council in Holland.
That is why his title was "mr. Jan Adriaensz. Bout, Heer der Heerlijkheid en Baronie van Lieshout".
He lived in Dordrecht.
He regularly invited friends and acquaintances to come and hunt and fish in Lieshout.
He regarded the property as his country house and called it 'the Hunting Lodge'.
During his absence his gardener, Jan Lamberts, occupied the house.
Jan's sister, Anna Bout, inherited the manor in 1786.
After …

Old 'Herenhuis' or 'Jachthuis' on the Havenweg nr.10 in Lieshout

The 'Herenhuis' or 'Hunting Lodge' was built between 1719 and 1725 by Mr Jan Bout.
His father, Adriaan Bout, bought the manor of Lieshout from the Postel Abbey in 1714.
He sold the manor to his son Jan in 1719.
Jan Bout therefore became, like his father, Lord of Lieshout.
He was a lawyer at the Court and the High Council in Holland.
That is why his title was "mr. Jan Adriaensz. Bout, Heer der Heerlijkheid en Baronie van Lieshout".
He lived in Dordrecht.
He regularly invited friends and acquaintances to come and hunt and fish in Lieshout.
He regarded the property as his country house and called it 'the Hunting Lodge'.
During his absence his gardener, Jan Lamberts, occupied the house.
Jan's sister, Anna Bout, inherited the manor in 1786.
After her husband's death in 1778, her title was 'Douairière Anna, Countess van Hogendorp, Lady of Lieshout, born Bout'.
The Lady of Lieshout died on 5 September 1796.
With the arrival of the French, led by Napoleon, the properties of the Bout family were confiscated.
After the French occupation in 1813, the family regained possession of the Lieshout manor.
In 1842 the heirs of Anna Bout sold the property to Albert Bots, a lawyer from Helmond.
The house with farms, land and woods covered an area of 48 bunder (hectares).
The house was completely surrounded by a moat and was situated along the old road to Stiphout.
For a long time, 'juffrouwke' Van Grinsven, a daughter of Francisca Huberta Bots, also lived at the Mansion.
The house was built with hand-moulded bricks, straight pitch anchors, a nine-pane dormer with a gable roof and crowned with a pitched saddle roof with old Dutch tiles.
The rear house, parallel to the main house, has truncated gables with wickerwork.
Since 1960, the mansion has been owned by the Martens-Brouwers family.
They restored it and saved it from ruin.

Contact

Address:
Havenweg 10
5737 BT Lieshout
Plan your route
Distance:

Location