Windmill De Victor in Someren


Windmill "De Victor" Someren; The mill is open all year round every Saturday from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM. (with a few exceptions). Feel free to walk in without obligation. We give tours for all age groups and the mill is used for grinding mainly maize, which we also sell. Guided tours by appointment are also possible, but only if they fit within the miller's work area.

The mill was built in 1853 for Theodoris Jan Rooijmans, who saw it burn down in 1868. During the restoration, the mill was also raised 1.5 meters, which can be seen from the entrance gate and the hull. 
Subsequently, the mill was owned by the millers Van Oorschot and Mathijsen, when it was bought again in 1910 by Peter Leonardus Rooijmans. 
He in turn sold him …


Windmill "De Victor" Someren; The mill is open all year round every Saturday from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM. (with a few exceptions). Feel free to walk in without obligation. We give tours for all age groups and the mill is used for grinding mainly maize, which we also sell. Guided tours by appointment are also possible, but only if they fit within the miller's work area.

The mill was built in 1853 for Theodoris Jan Rooijmans, who saw it burn down in 1868. During the restoration, the mill was also raised 1.5 meters, which can be seen from the entrance gate and the hull. 
Subsequently, the mill was owned by the millers Van Oorschot and Mathijsen, when it was bought again in 1910 by Peter Leonardus Rooijmans. 
He in turn sold him in 1940 to Piet van Houts, who died in 1944. He was an uncle of the current miller, Marc van Deursen. 
From 1940 to 1946, Jan van Deursen, Marc's father, was employed at the mill as a servant. 
In 1944 he got help from Joep Sanders and Januske Jansen. 


In 1949 the mill was sold to Th.HM Rietjens and in 1954 the Peters-Van Oijen animal feed factory acquired it. 
A year later, the municipality bought it, which then also had a brief repair carried out. From 1955 to 1971 the mill was used by Young Netherlands, which many inhabitants of Someren can still remember. During this period, the layout of the floors and stairs was changed and a mixing boiler was demolished, among other things. During this period, the floor of the attic was also raised, so that the mill currently has a particularly high lounge attic. At that time, an extra attic was added between the roof and the lounge attic, which was removed during the restoration in 1971. 

In 1971, a large-scale restoration was carried out by windmill maker Adriaens from Weert. After completion, Gerrit Buenen was appointed miller. In 1976 he died in an industrial accident, after which Jan van Deursen was appointed the new miller. From this moment on, his son Marc helps on this mill. 


The mill only got its name “De Victor” in 1979. In that year, the Someren post mill was moved from the Sluis XI industrial estate to the Heeze-Someren road. This was then given the name "Den Evert". 
However, Jan van Deursen passed away in the spring of 1987. In the autumn of 1987 Marc passed the exam for voluntary miller and in 1988 he was appointed miller of “De Victor”. Janus Vereijken has been working on the mill since 1992. 
In 2001, windmill maker Adriaans carried out a major overhaul of the mill. Various new fence slats have been lost, the hood has been fitted with a new bituminous roof covering, the dams of the axle wheel have been milled out and replaced. Furthermore, over the years the hood had slipped and it was pulled back into its model by means of threaded ends. The manner of implementation of the whole has contributed to the fact that the mill still maintains its old atmosphere to a considerable extent.

Location