Church H.Lambertus in Someren-Dorp

H. Lambertus Church; 

The church was built in 1926 by contractor Gerard Krekelberg from Maasbracht to a design by architect Franssen from Roermond. The church in neo-Romanesque style exudes simplicity and sobriety. The richly decorated pulpit (1850), the communion rail (1750), the confessionals (1841 and 1846) and the 14 stations of the cross (1876) come from the old H. Lambertuskerk (Waterstaatskerk), which stood on the Postel. The twelve apostles in the nave are the models that artist Jan van de Ven from 's-Hertogenbosch made for the apostles in the choir of the St-Jan basilica. Inhabitants of the provincial capital of Brabant served as an example to the artist. 

main altar;
The main altar from 1750 is a work of a…

H. Lambertus Church; 

The church was built in 1926 by contractor Gerard Krekelberg from Maasbracht to a design by architect Franssen from Roermond. The church in neo-Romanesque style exudes simplicity and sobriety. The richly decorated pulpit (1850), the communion rail (1750), the confessionals (1841 and 1846) and the 14 stations of the cross (1876) come from the old H. Lambertuskerk (Waterstaatskerk), which stood on the Postel. The twelve apostles in the nave are the models that artist Jan van de Ven from 's-Hertogenbosch made for the apostles in the choir of the St-Jan basilica. Inhabitants of the provincial capital of Brabant served as an example to the artist. 

main altar;
The main altar from 1750 is a work of art in Baroque style and was previously located in the church on the Postel. The central painting was painted in 1875 by B. Weingärtner and is a reproduction of Raphael's Transfiguration. The side panels (John the Baptist with Elisabeth and Anna with Mary) are original works from 1753 by Olivier E. Pirotte from Liège. At the top of the crown amid clouds and rays is the "all-seeing" eye.

Smits organ; 
The Smits organ was made in 1857 by organ builder Franciscus Cornelis Smits from Reek and stood in the church on the Postel. The organ case was made by the carpenters Smits from Cuyk and Beuijssen from Boxmeer. At the front are two trumpet-blowing angels, in the middle St. Cecilia with lute and King David with harp. The organ has a beautiful sound, which comes into its own in the acoustics of the church. A major restoration took place in 2011. 

rectory;
Pastor Petrus van Lieshout had the rectory built by contractor Franciscus Rooijakkers from Deurne in 1901. The architect was Johannes Heijkants from Erp. The rectory was thoroughly restored in 1933. Between the rectory and the church, which was then on the Postel, was a meadow. The Witgele Kruis building and café De Nachtegaal were built here, which in 2010 made way for the current health center the Wijkgebouw. 

H. Hart memorial; 
In 1923, this monument was unveiled on the occasion of the silver priest's party of Father van Lieshout. The monument originally stood near the church on the Postel and was moved to its current location in 1954. 
The statue was designed and made by the artists Theelen and Lücken from Roermond. 

Contact

Address:
Kerkstraat 16
5711 GV Someren
Plan your route
Distance:

Location