Slotje, Deel

The House Lankveld was a noble house surrounded by a double moat. It was built around 1435 by Goyart van Lankveld. The Lankveld House was named after its inhabitants. Until the 17th century, members of the Van Lanckvelt family were owners and residents. Several generations of Goyart van Lancvelt were successive owners. Most of the Jonkers van Lanckvelt, as they were often referred to, were sheriff of Gemert and had several possessions both inside and outside Gemert in addition to the Lanckvelt house.

The Van Lanckvelt family died out at the end of the 17th cen…

The House Lankveld was a noble house surrounded by a double moat. It was built around 1435 by Goyart van Lankveld. The Lankveld House was named after its inhabitants. Until the 17th century, members of the Van Lanckvelt family were owners and residents. Several generations of Goyart van Lancvelt were successive owners. Most of the Jonkers van Lanckvelt, as they were often referred to, were sheriff of Gemert and had several possessions both inside and outside Gemert in addition to the Lanckvelt house.

The Van Lanckvelt family died out at the end of the 17th century, while the house had been occupied by other families for some time. The name Huis Lanckvelt therefore disappears from the sources, while at the same time the name Het Slotje made its appearance as a designation of the same house. Until the twentieth century, this name was used for the place where the old castle stood and where two farms appeared afterwards. The moats remained visible for a long time.

When the Molenbroek residential area was built, the farms were demolished and the remnants of the moats were filled in. The Slotje survived only in a street name in the Molenbroek neighborhood, which was built near the former Slotje.

Sources:

Jan Timmers, Het Slotje, noble house Lanckvelt, Gemerts Heem 2007, no. 3, Heemkundekring De Kommanderij, Gemert

Contact

Slotje, Deel
Macropediusplantsoen
5421 RB Gemert
Plan your route

Location