Sint-Jozefschool in Someren-Heide
St. Jozef School (municipal monument) Someren-Heide; After large-scale reclamations in 1920, the demand for a private school in Someren-Heide grew due to the growth in the number of children. To this end, the association for the establishment and maintenance of a RC special school was established in 1928. The result was the first wooden emergency school in 1932 (burnt down in 1939). The first teachers were Master Schulpen and Miss vd Heijden. They taught 56 students. The school was called the RC Boys' and Girls' School. In 1936 the school was named after the patron saint of the parish, St Joseph. The stone school was completed in 1938 and was expanded with 3 classrooms in 1940. In 1948 another expansion followed with an emergency school on the Brinkweg and the school had 7 classrooms.