The construction of the St. Leonardus chapel may be mentioned as particularly noteworthy. With united efforts and in cooperation with the muni…
The construction of the St. Leonardus chapel may be mentioned as particularly noteworthy. With united efforts and in cooperation with the municipal administration and the local residents, the brothers of the St. Leonardus guild built a small chapel in a quiet spot at the Goorloop on the corner of Kapelstraat and Lage Heesweg, officially consecrated and opened on the Terday of 6 November 1979. This chapel is a lasting reminder of the former pilgrimage chapel, built in 1422 and dedicated to St. Leonardus van Noblat. For years, the chapel served as a pilgrimage chapel. After the 80-year war with the peace of Munster in 1648, when the Catholic worship was forbidden, the chapel fell into disrepair. Now, more than thirty years ago, the St. Leonardus Chapel was built near this pilgrimage chapel. St Leonard is the patron saint of prisoners. He has freed many and as such, one could see this chapel as a symbol of freedom for our time.
On the Donckse- Wij-ing , 2 June 2013, the Guild sint Leonardus has given the wooden Leonardus statue from the Leonardus church a place in the Leonardus chapel at the Goorloop, junction low Heesweg Kapelstraat.
The loan agreement was signed on 31 May 2013.
In March 2016 the stained glass leonardus was placed in the leonardus chapel. This stained glass leonardus comes from the old monastery on the Schoolstraat and has been given a permanent place in the leonardus chapel.
5741CD Beek en Donk Plan your route