De Eendracht

As a reminder of the Eendracht dairy factory that operated from 1984 to 1967 at the place where Brandstraat and Kerkstraat meet in Beek en Donk. Although the dairy closed its doors in 1967, it was spared demolition until 1990. After that, the factory made way for the De Eendracht apartment complex, among other things. 
Here one sees day after day what unity can do. The 141 founders. 16 April 1894', reads the …

As a reminder of the Eendracht dairy factory that operated from 1984 to 1967 at the place where Brandstraat and Kerkstraat meet in Beek en Donk. Although the dairy closed its doors in 1967, it was spared demolition until 1990. After that, the factory made way for the De Eendracht apartment complex, among other things. 
Here one sees day after day what unity can do. The 141 founders. 16 April 1894', reads the plaque from the old factory, which lies at the foot of the work of art. After the demolition of the dairy factory, this plaque lay for a long time in the municipal workshop, until in 1995 an initiative arose to place the plaque and a work of art in memory of the former factory. A sum of 1500 guilders was available and the Breda artist Ludovicus van Eijnatte was chosen. Finally, on 1 April 1999, the statue was unveiled by then alderman Louis Peeters, together with mayor Henk van Beers.

Contact

Address:
De Eendracht
5741 Beek en Donk
Plan your route
Distance:

Location