De Plashoeve

De Plashoeve, a farm of the Kempen long-gable type, located on the former Rijckstraat, now Provincialeweg 10.

Hoeve van de Plasse, or the Plashoeve, is one of the oldest farms in Lieshout.
The history of the Plashoeve goes back to 1146.
In that year the farm, together with three other Lieshout farms, was donated to the Servaas Chapter in Maastricht.
In 1201, the Servaas chapter gave these four farms in fief to the abbey of Floreffe.
This abbey, situated near Namur in Belgium, was at the time the owner of all other farms in the Lieshout domain.
In 1283, the abbey of Floreffe also obtained full ownership of the Plashoeve and the other three feudal farms.
The oldest known inhabitant of the Plashoeve is Jan van Roeijeckers, who is mentioned in the Maatboek van Landerijen of 1628.
The follow…

De Plashoeve, a farm of the Kempen long-gable type, located on the former Rijckstraat, now Provincialeweg 10.

Hoeve van de Plasse, or the Plashoeve, is one of the oldest farms in Lieshout.
The history of the Plashoeve goes back to 1146.
In that year the farm, together with three other Lieshout farms, was donated to the Servaas Chapter in Maastricht.
In 1201, the Servaas chapter gave these four farms in fief to the abbey of Floreffe.
This abbey, situated near Namur in Belgium, was at the time the owner of all other farms in the Lieshout domain.
In 1283, the abbey of Floreffe also obtained full ownership of the Plashoeve and the other three feudal farms.
The oldest known inhabitant of the Plashoeve is Jan van Roeijeckers, who is mentioned in the Maatboek van Landerijen of 1628.
The following Maatboeken list as users of the Plashoeve Jan Jansen van Roeijeckers (1634), Anthonis Roeijackers (1640) and Jan Anthonis Roeyeckers (1681).
At the end of the 17th century, Floreffe transferred the management of its property in Lieshout to the nearby Postel Abbey.
This abbey sold the Lieshout property in 1698.
Paulus Brouwers, then tenant of the Plashoeve, bought the farm for three thousand guilders.
After his death in 1730, the farmstead remained the property of his descendants until the seventh generation.
One of them, Johannes Sterken, married to the great-granddaughter of Paulus Brouwers, has the honour of having been the only ever popularly elected mayor of Lieshout, from 1795 to 1798.
He died in 1806 and the Plashoeve remained in the estate until 1868.
When Paulus Brouwers bought the Plashoeve it covered 24 hectares.
In 1868, due to repeated estate divisions, the farmstead measured only 2 hectares.
Gerrit Verbakel then bought the Plashoeve during a public auction in Hotel Brox, now the Bavaria brewery pub.
The farm remained in the Verbakel family's possession for four generations until 1970.
Then the farm with 3,000 m2 of land was sold to Pim Brouwers from Eindhoven.
In the years that followed the farmstead was restored by the new owner under the supervision of the Rijksdienst Monumentenzorg.
Since 1975, the Plashoeve has been a national monument.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Contact

Address:
Provinciale Weg 10
5737 GH Lieshout
Plan your route
Distance:

Location